Open Pit Mines
Western Australian open pit mining operations include:
- Boddington Gold Mine – gold and copper mine near Boddington, WA
- Rosemount Gold Mine – Regis Resources Ltd located in Garden Well, WA
- Super Pit – gold mine near Kalgoorlie, WA
- Telfer Mine – gold and copper mine in the Pilbara, WA
- Tropicana Gold Mine – AngloGold Ashanti located northwest of Kalgoorlie, WA
Iron ore mines in the Pilbara include BHP, RioTinto, FMG, and Roy Hill.
There are also many mining companies headquartered in Perth.
Professor Phil Dight
Professor of Geotechnical Engineering, Australian Centre for Geomechanics
Event Manager, Australian Centre for Geomechanics
Event Coordinator, Australian Centre for Geomechanics
The papers of the SSIM 2021 Conference will be openly accessible on the ACG Online Repository of Conference Proceedings, joining a range of high-quality, technical peer-reviewed open pit mining papers from previous international mining events.
The Online Repository is a free resource provided by the ACG which has proven very useful to many around the world, as seen in the following download figures.