Third International Slope Stability in Mining Conference
14-16 November 2023 | Perth, Western Australia
- Abstracts are due 5 May 2023, learn more here.
- Calls for workshop/short course hosts – proposals due 14 February 2023. Learn more and express your interest here.
- Follow the International Slope Stability in Mining Conference page on Linkedin.
- Caving 2022 will be held 30 August – 1 September 2022, Hilton Adelaide, South Australia.
- Mine Closure 2022 will be held 4-6 October 2022, Brisbane, Queensland.
- ACG training videos are now freely available. Click here to access.
The Third International Slope Stability in Mining Conference (SSIM 2023) will provide a forum for open pit mining practitioners, consultants, researchers and suppliers worldwide to exchange views on best practice and state-of-the-art slope technologies.
Best practice with respect to pit slope investigations, design, implementation and performance monitoring will be discussed during the conference.
- Slope optimisation
- Application of three-dimensional limit equilibrium methods
- Structural data gathering and interpretation
- Slope monitoring and its interpretation
- Risk management and operational safety
- Slope stability in weak rocks and rock dumps
- Constructing geotechnical models
- Bench design and implementation
- Case studies
- Rockfall and runout
- Hydrology and blasting
ACG Online Repository of Conference Proceedings
There is a range of papers from previous Open Pit conferences that are freely available to download from the Online Repository of Conference Proceedings.
SSIM 2021 papers are freely available for download at papers.acg.uwa.edu.au/c/ssim2021
Hard copy proceedings are also available for purchase from the ACG online shop.