The Second International Slope Stability in Mining Conference will be held at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Perth, Western Australia, 26-28 October 2021.
The hybrid event format will allow for participation either in-person, or online from anywhere in the world.
Click to view the event flyer.
- Processing of geotechnical data for uncertainty in design
- Slope stability and management in weathered and saprolitic rocks
- In situ stress determination
- Calibration of numerical models based on historic data – why, how and confirmation
- Surface water and groundwater management, dewatering, and depressurisation
- Rockfall analysis and stabilisation strategies; effect of scaling and success
- Management of slope instability techniques and successes; runout
- Determining slope failure mechanisms from monitoring
- Slope design implementation, blasting control and damage control, measurement of blast damage effects on local and global stability
- Safety and risk management
- Waste dumps and rehabilitation management
The papers of the SSIM 2021 Conference will be openly accessible on the ACG Online Repository of Conference Proceedings, joining a range of high-quality, technical peer-reviewed open pit mining papers from previous international mining events.
The Online Repository is a free resource provided by the ACG which has proven very useful to many around the world, as seen in the following download figures.
Following is the breakdown of downloads by theme for Slope Stability 2020.
Data source: ACG internal analysis 2021